One Step at a Time Part 1



I have been trying to write this post for a week now. Each time I open my blog to write I look at the keyboard and the words seem far from my mind. I know what I want to say and what title to give but starting seemed like mountains to move. Here I am today enjoying the blessing of words written.
"One step at the time" (I took a picture of me and my husband's foot prints on the beach, cute isn't it? :)) this phrase means so many things to me, carrying so many stories of my life, my dreams, struggles and goals. But the story I want to share today is my weight loss program I started two weeks ago. Before I go into that let me share a scripture with you.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way." Psalms 37:23

As hard as it may be to lift up your foot to take that first step this scripture can take the weight off your feet to make that first step and to continue taking more steps each day. How comforting to know that it is the Lord that orders our steps. It brings me to the thought that I can totally depend on Him for whatever I dream to accomplish. Losing weight is a heavy stone on my feet, especially if the scale seems stagnate and the mirror is telling a different story.

My weight gain

Last year I gave birth to our beautiful boy Jahdiel. He is now 6 months.. After him we decided to undergo special scissors by a special doctor to close that chapter of our life. So as most of you know and experienced carrying a baby means extra kg's (or pounds). Well I was 85kg before pregnancy and now before starting my diet program I was 95. Last night when I got on the scale the reading was 92.8kg, which in total I lost 2.2kg in over two weeks. Believe me it is not an exciting journey, but it always pay out at the end. My dream weight is 80kg so I still have around 13kg to lose. I am not in a hurry, I give myself till September (that's 6 months).

My Plan

I cut out all junk food from my diet. NO soft drinks, sweets, white bread, pasta, white rice and fatty food. As you can imagine my food choice is hard now, and I struggle to find good/nice things to eat. I am now friends with brown rice, lean meat, fish, vegetables and fruits. Not very exciting but I must press hard to win the price.

One step at the time, and I know I will reach my goal because "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13 NKJV

Is there any thing you struggle to take the first step? Share and I will pray to God to give the grace to take that important step.

Till next time girls, have a heart for Christ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

String-attached mistakes

Tomorrow