God's Timing

"When, Father, when?" These are the questions I find myself asking almost every day. "When will you use me the way You said you will, or am I mistaken that it was You or just my own desires." The questions are many and often the answers are not there. But sometimes all I hear in my heart is "wait". I don't know how long I must wait, and seriously I get impatient most of the times. I get all this ideas of how I will serve God. Write a book, open women's ministry, do this and that, but unless God gives a go-ahead all ideas are just dreams.

The other day I was watching a movie on David. I don't know if I heard it before but I heard that after David was anointed to be king of Israel he waited for more than 10 more years. First he was anointed as a young boy by Samuel (1 Samuel 16), he worked for Saul who was king then. After Saul's death David became king of Judah (2 Samuel 2) and after 7 years he became king of all Israel when he was 30 years old (2 Samuel 5). Wow, this was a shocker and I know girls some of you are screaming "Are you saying I have to wait for 10 years to get what I asked from God, or what he told me I will get?!!" Well my answer is I don't know, but I know he will bring it to pass at the right time. Just like David we need to work for Saul. I don't know who your Saul is right now. It might be your in-laws where God is teaching you to learn how to love. It might be your husband, your children, church, neighbours, or the guy in front of you who drives 40km/h when you desperately want to drive at 80. Well all soldiers need to be trained, very harshly before they are put in the battlefield, and we are no different. Sometimes when we look in our hearts we see and know that we need more training, more praying, reading the word of God, more discipline and all lack we see, but still we cry out to God to use us while we are still not equipped enough by Him. I know these because I am in the very position. My prayer is "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him." (Psalm 62:5). To wait silently means to really wait silently. All the whens and hows we must leave in God's hands. Our work is to focus on your personal trainer who is the Holy Spirit and soon, I mean soon we will graduate with Honours, well prepared to carry out the tasks we were created for.

Leave a comment or share with me what you are trusting God to bring to pass in your life.

Till next time, lets have a heart for Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at a Time Part 1

String-attached mistakes

Tomorrow