Faith and Perseverance

My dear girlfriends, I thought to write today about faith and perseverance. But before I come to that I would love (so excited) to share the results of my weight lost. Well since this is September, exactly six months after I posted about my plan for weight lost I would love to reveal my weight. I now weigh 81.5 kg. Hiipii (I hope you are screaming for me as well). My target weight was 80kg by the end September, I still have a week to go and 1.5kg to lose. To be honest it was not easy, it never is, but I held on and pushed through. I believe the one thing that helped me was fasting. Some time ago I fasted for a week and I lost like 4kgs. Please don't get me wrong I will never fast to lose weight (not that is wrong though), but who will say no to the physical benefits.
I believe it takes faith and perseverance to lose weight and I praise God he stood by me. I love what the Bible says about self-control and perseverance in 2 Peter 1:6 
 " (add) to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness"

 We must add perseverance to self-control, if we cant control our eating, or whatever, we will keep on failing and will not be able to see the fruit of our labor. We will fail in prayer, in our fellowship with the Lord, in whatever we do if we lack self-control and perseverance. Let us therefore trust the Lord that he directs our steps and that He is the overseer and shepherd of our souls (1 Peter 2:25) and he will cause us to do His will for our lives. My dear friends the Lord is on our side and He loves us enough to even care about our weight loss or gain. About our hair styles and clothing, whatever is part of our daily life God does care and will take care of us, all we need is Faith and Perseverance.   



Comments

  1. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at a Time Part 1

String-attached mistakes

Tomorrow